Linn Hi Fi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment

5 posters

Go down

Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment Empty Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment

Post  Linn-user Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:22 am

There are some bargains to be had at the moment in dealers. I suppose some of this might be because of the current Winter trade in offer.

Anyway I thought I would share some thoughts:-

Compared an Ikemi to my Genki in my system which is currently the Genki, Kolektor, LK140, Linn Katans connected with K400

The Ikemi seemed to be absolutely more revealing than the Genki the bass seemed cleaner and the staging seemed better, but I seemed to loose the musical drive and I wonder if I need to do something else in the upgrade path to make the Ikemi really sing, or is it just that the Ikemi is like this?

Linn-user

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment Empty Re: Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment

Post  Classsik Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:18 am

Interesting report.. May I suggest if you can find one to test you try a Karik (MK III) against the Genki. Should be worthwhile and there are some going for great prices. Much as I love the Genki I could never get along with that horrible transport..

Classsik

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment Empty Re: Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment

Post  Danny Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:53 am

Bit of a Newb question but am I correct in thinking you cant just buy a Karik you have to have a Numerik as well ?

Danny

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post  DK Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:55 am

Danny wrote:Bit of a Newb question but am I correct in thinking you cant just buy a Karik you have to have a Numerik as well ?

Yes it is a two box machine, why not try comparing your Genki against a current Majik..

DK

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment Empty This cable keeps coming up...

Post  dogorman Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:27 am

What is K400?

dogorman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:05 am

dogorman wrote:What is K400?

Its Linns speaker cable

Danny

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post  DK Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:29 am

there are some bargain Genkis around at the moment it has to be said.. Could be with all the upgrade offers..

[img]Afternoon demo of various used ex/dem Linn equipment GEnki[/img]

DK

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Classsik Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 am

Great sounding player the GENKI but a) stupid name and b) why did they not give it a decent transport

Classsik

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down